Media Contact: [email protected]
Tel: (917) 3970989
New York: An astonishing array of women luminaries will be at the helm of AF3IRM’s CenterShift Conference on October 21st – a vivid image of the diversity of color, cultures, experience and perspective in the women’s struggle for liberation.
Two principal main features will anchor the day’s discourse. After the Conference is formally convened by AF3IRM Chair Ivy Quicho, union organizer and activist for women’s rights, the morning session will center around the panel, “Constellations of History,” featuring the following presenters:
- Claudia de la Cruz, Dominican American, founder of Da Urban Butterflies, co-host and producer of Telesur English’s Ñ Don’t Stop;
- Nayoung Kim, Korean, legal scholar focusing on feminist jurisprudence, activist
- Muriel Miguel, Kuna and Rappahannock Nations, founder of Spiderwoman Theater
- Raissa Robles, Filipina, journalist and foreign correspondent, book author
- Farah Tanis, black American, founder of Black Women’s Blueprint, activist and organizer for women’s human rights
The panel will be moderated by immediate past AF3IRM Chair Jollene Levid, also a union organizer and an activist since her teen years.
The second feature is an annotated performance by Pura Fe, Tuscarora Nation musician. This will anchor the afternoon session. Apart from being a great artist, Pura Fe is also an environmental activist, joining at one time Winona La Duke’s two-day tour against oil and fracking.
The conference will also feature afternoon workshops on such topics as Migration, Marriage & Divorce, Building Solidarity Across Borders, Gender and Revolution and other issues germane to our times. View the full schedule on the AF3IRM website.
A sliding scale registration fee is requested of participants. Registration can be done here: http://bit.ly/af3rr17. Contact [email protected] with additional questions. Group rates for three or more registrants are available. — ###